Iconic Irish businesswoman and Budget Travel founder Gillian Bowler has died

She also founded Clickandgo.com and served as chair for Irish Life and Permanent.

By Fora Staff

BUDGET TRAVEL FOUNDER Gillian Bowler has died aged 64. It is understood that she had been ill for some time.

A well-known figure in the Irish business community, Bowler also served as chair of Irish Life and Permanent, and launched the online travel website Clickandgo.com in 2010.

She founded Budget Travel in her early 20s in 1975, along with her husband Harry Snyder. She sold 90% of her stake to UK group Granada in the late 80s before selling the other 10% in 1996.

Bowler was appointed to the board of Irish Life and Permanent in 1998, before stepping down from her position in 2010. She is survived by her husband, Harry, and her step-daughter Rachel.

Many have paid tribute to Bowler, posting their reactions on Twitter.

Source: Sinead Ryan/Twitter

Source: claire ronan/Twitter

[embed id="embed_5"]

Source: Pamela Brownlee/Twitter

According to Rip.ie, a celebration of Gillian’s life will take place in Mount Jerome in Dublin this Saturday at 10am.

Written by Sean Murray and posted on TheJournal.ie